Helpful tips & checks to carry out to avoid your waste being fly-tipped & ending up with a minimum of £400.00 fine along with all the interviews from local council & court appearance etc:
- Check out the company you intend to use has a valid up to date waste carriers’ licence & insurance – any issues on the waste carriers licence then check on: https://environment.data.gov.uk/public-register/view/index
- Get quotes in person, so, that you know the company you are dealing with rather than over the telephone, email or social media. Please do your checks as per point 1 in person (if they have no licence or insurances, then please be careful as it is against the law to employ anybody that does not have valid waste carriers’ licence as they are NOT able to use the paid for recycling centres, while, commercial business are NOT able to use council run recycling centres). If you suspect anything untoward then either don’t use them, or, ask for a copy waste consignment note with ALL sections completed to cover yourself just in case your waste is fly-tipped. Suggest paying by BACS, however, if not possible then get a receipt to cover yourself.
- Recycling of waste is NOT cheap, so, please be careful before parting with your waste, or, money by just doing the deal via telephone, email or social media where someone quotes you a cheap price – check them out in person along with as per point 1 to cover yourself.
- Mattresses, sofas, fridge freezers, TV’s / monitors, paints, tyres along with anything that needs stripping down, or, anything that contains chemicals, or, deemed hazardous are expensive to recycle, so, please be careful if anybody offers you cheap removal prices (these are type of items that you normally see fly-tipped all over our towns, cities & down the country lanes by unlicensed companies & criminal element).
- If your waste is fly-tipped & you have failed to carry out the checks as per point 1, then you WILL be liable for the £400.00 fine as a minimum if the waste is tracked back to you.
Hope these tips save your waste being fly-tipped & any fines after the event….if in doubt at all then keeping looking until you find the company that meets all of your criteria that will recycle your waste in the correct manner at an affordable price & NOT at a cheap price.
Clear It! (Teesside) Ltd are ANTI fly-tipping due to it being an eyesore on our landscape, plus, it costs the local authorities over £1m per week in England alone to clear up this mess with whopping over £58 million spent with over 1 million incidents per annum.
Please share this post out to your family, friends & social contacts just in case they require our services very soon.
Do you have questions about the services that Clear It! offer? Please click through to the contact page and get in touch with us and one of our team members will get back to you.